Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Is it time to give up?

To claim things won't change, to state that we can't make change happen, to say that the revolutionary spirit will cause physical imprisonment is to deny oneself the chance to express freedom. i do not advocate a military revolution. What i am advocating is the revolutionary spirit which will empower us with creative solutions and allow us to work through undiscriminating collaboration  with the objective to reclaiming human dignity. As the world is increasingly denying the voices of human reason while prioritizing the reason of profit and wealth accumulation by the few, you and I stand by dying as human beings. What is it that you uphold that is worth your dignity, the humanity of those people around you. I have been warned that my tweets are sometimes too radical and too revolutionary. I have been told by kind strangers that I might be closely watched or raising some powerful eyebrows :s I envy the courage to ignore the systemic violations of Canadians' rights. I don't have that courage. I do not have the courage to see my friends and family lose their homes because they cannot afford their mortgage, I do not have the strength to tell my friends' children that things will be rough for a while. 

What would it take to reclaim dignity? I don't know.



No comments:

Post a Comment